Welcome to English II Honors
This class is structured around the curriculum of CCPS (Critical Concepts Edition), Language Arts Florida Standards (LAFS) and the HMH Florida Collections. The purpose of this course is to provide grade 10 students, using texts of high complexity, integrated language arts study in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language for college and career preparation and readiness. This Honors course will be challenging, but rewarding as it will prepare our students for the rigorous nature of college courses. This course is designed to push our students to be critical and analytical thinkers while developing sophisticated writing and speaking abilities.
Classroom Rules and Expectations:
I expect all students to come to class on time (seated when the bell rings) and to be prepared to learn with a good attitude throughout the class period. Bell work completion should be in progress when the bell rings. Additionally, I expect all students to practice organization, self- control, self-motivation, and determination, and be able to apply the following principles in and outside of the classroom,
- Treat all teachers, members of administration, security, visitors, and your peers with respect at all times.
- Be honest, kind and fair
- Obey CHS and CCPS rules and policies.
- No food in class. All drinks must have a sealed top.
- Always be prepared for class which includes having supplies and completed assignments.
- Silence and put away all electronic devices during class time.
- Raise your hand to ask questions and/or contribute to a discussion.