7th Grade Civics Class Expectations/Mrs. Galeone
*GOOGLE CLASSROOM LOGIN CODE:
Please use the below link to connect:
Period 3: mcdliba
Period 4: 232kvaj
Period 5: 3ufd5um
Curriculum areas we will focus on this year include:
- American Citizenship
- Foundations of American Government
- Federal Government
- State and Local Government
- U.S. Economy
- Global Affairs and U.S. Foreign Policy
Student’s need to bring the following items to class everyday:
- Pencils, Pencils, Pencils and erasers or Pens
- Civics 3-Ring Binder 1-2 " (to carry to class DAILY)
- A SMILE and GREAT ATTITUDE FOR LEARNING
Classroom work policy:
- Homework assignments: homework is due the next day unless otherwise stated in class.
- Most work will be done in the classroom. Students will have a project (1) per semester and homework activities/worksheet on my google classroom site
- Notebook organization
- Quizzes every Friday
Grades are generated by work done in class and work assigned to be completed outside the classroom. This includes: quizzes, homework, class work, notebook checks, projects, class participation and Student Success Skills (organization and class preparedness).
The teacher’s responsibilities include:
- Treat you with respect and care.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment for you.
- Provide appropriate discipline.
- Provide necessary instruction.
- Prepare and deliver accurate lessons that will guide the students toward succeeding in the classroom.
- Provide immediate feedback for any work that has been turned in.
The student’s responsibilities include:
- Treat your teacher and other students with respect.
- Attend class daily.
- To be attentive and cooperative.
- To not be disruptive.
- To study and complete all work.
- To learn and master the required content.
- Treat everyone in class with respect.
- Classwork and Homework must be neat, orderly and turned in on time.
- All work must be shared with me through Google classroom, unless otherwise stated on my Teacher Wed Page, google classroom assignments or in classroom instruction.
- Pencils must be sharpened at beginning of class.
- You may leave the classroom only with permission.
- Arrive to class on time and with all materials.
- Do not interrupt others while they are talking.
- If you have a question about anything, PLEASE ASK!!!
- Escambia County Civics Website: http://www.ecsd-fl.schooloop.com/civics
- USA Test Prep: http:wwwusatestprep.com/Member-Login
- Username: 88number + student's initials
- Password: initials + year of birth
- Fla student's educational resources: http://www.floridastudents.org/#32/6/4504/0
*For privacy issues no cameras or cell phones are to be used in class. Cell phones must be turned off and put away.