End of the Year News
Attention Algebra 1A Parents and Students: The last day to turn in late work for Quarter 4 is Wedesnday, May 26, 2021 at 11:59 PM. I will no longer accept late work after this date. No acceptions! This has been posted in Canvas since May 5, 2021 at 6:22am.
Starting the 2021-2022 school year, we will be using Canvas. If your student is absent, please have her/him check Canvas for the work she/he have missed. I include an agenda (Book with Bookmark Icon) with the agenda for the day, handouts, completed notes, and instructional video(s). If your student missed a test or quiz, it is his/her responsibility to make an appointment with me to take it. Students will not take missed assessments in class since they will lose instruction.
Phone: 941-575-5450 Ext. *7041
Degrees and Certifications:
Degrees: Bachelor's of Science from Florida SouthWestern State College Certifications and Endorsements: Mathematics 5-9 Mathematics 6-12 ESOL
Mr. Robert Green
Hello everyone! My name is Robert Green, this will be my eighth year teaching starting in January. I graduated December 15, 2014 with my Bachelor's in Middle Grades Mathematics 5-9 from Florida SouthWestern State College (formerly known as Edison State College). I hold Florida certification in Middle Grades Mathematics 5-9 and Mathematics 6-12 in addition to my ESOL endorsement. I have taught Algebra 1, Algebra 1 Honors, Intensive Mathematics, Financial Algebra, Liberal Arts Math 1, Math for College Readiness, and Advanced Topics in Mathematics at Island Coast High School in Cape Coral for three and a half years. After leaving Island Coast, I taught M/J Mathematics 1, M/J Mathematics 1 Advanced, and M/J Mathematics 2 at Punta Gorda Middle for a year. Finally, I decided to return to the high school and taught Algebra 1A, Algebra 1, Liberal Arts Math 1, and Financial Algebra at Charlotte High School. This will be my fourth year at Charlotte starting the 2020-2021 school year.
I have lived in Charlotte County my entire life. I graduated from Port Charlotte High School in 2007. I am glad I have the opportunity to serve my community as a teacher. As a personal note, I enjoy watching and reading science fiction. My favorite movie is Star Trek (2009). I am also a Japanese enthusiast. I enjoy watching anime and reading manga in both English and Japanese. When I am not busy grading papers, I enjoy spending time with my friends and family.
- 2 Composite Notebooks (one for each semester)
- Color Pencils
- Blue, Black, Green Pens
- College Rule Loose-Leaf Paper
- Graph Paper
- Glue Sticks (need to be replenished throughout the year)
- Low Oder Dry Erase Markers
- TI-30Xa Scientific Calculator
- Index Cards
- Students will arrive to class on time and be ready to learn.
- Students will put their cell phones in their backpacks at the beginning of class.
- "Students use of cellular phone or other electronic or wireless devices is strictly prohibited at any time once the school day begins unless specific permission is granted by a teacher or adminstrator or is specific to an IEP or 504 Plan." Charlotte County Public Schools' Code of Conduct 2020-2021 Pg. 27
- The use of any electronic device is prohibited (expect calculators and Chromebooks).
- Please leave food, including gum and drinks other than water, outside the classroom.
- When assigned, online homework assignments are due at 11:59 pm on the due date.
- Students are expected to treat others and themselves with respect.
- Students must provide work (show their steps) for all assignments.
- Work will be upload through Google Classroom via picture or scanned document.
Students will complete a PBIS Behavior Reflection when they break classsroom rules and expectations. It will need to be completed by the end of class. A copy will be kept in the classroom on file and a copy will be given to the Dean's office.
- Students will complete bellwork in Google Classroom as soon as the bell rings.
- Assignment/Homework Help and/or Housekeeping
- Lecture and Guided Examples
The best way to contact me is through Remind. Below is the class code for each class. I strongly suggest parents and students sign up for Remind.